Top Advantages of Using GPS Tracking Devices
It seems like technology is advancing at a rapid pace as of late. You can’t blink without a new smartphone being released or walk onto a car dealership lot without being told of a model’s latest technological advances. For instance, GPS services might appear to be an invasion of privacy—it’s something that many individuals do not care for. After all, if you enable GPS tracking on your cell phone, anyone can determine your location at all times. But for a business, GPS devices are important, and in many cases necessary.
Whether you own a fleet of cargo trucks, heavy construction equipment or farm equipment and machines, there are some good reasons you may want to invest in a superior GPS tracking service. Continue reading, and then call GPS Systems to get more information.
Here are a few of the top advantages of using GPS tracking devices on your company vehicles:
- Safer driving: GPS devices can do so much more than simply track the location of a vehicle. When you install GPS devices, you can monitor every action from rest stops to route changes. You can also set a limit for truck speeds to ensure drivers are adhering to road speed limits, while still making it to the drop-off destination on time. With GPS devices in use, your drivers are more likely to drive safely and more responsibly, which
helps them follow speed limits and avoid accidents.
- Improved job performance: There’s something to be said for folks who still use an old-school folded map to navigate the roadways. But today, we are lucky enough to have GPS technology working for us. A GPS device can do all the navigating, and do it safely—which means fleet drivers can take on a job with confidence because they know where they are going, even while en route.
- Better customer service: Fleet dispatchers can also benefit from GPS tracking devices, not only for easy access to individual truck travel information, but also for a clear view of driver location in the event a new assignment pops up. Instead of calling each truck one by one, simply track them, see if the records show they can take the job and then dispatch them to a new location. Being able to quickly accommodate a job at the last minute reflects well on you and can lead to new business.
- Save money on fleet repairs: Business GPS systems are also fantastic devices for monitoring important maintenance. Set maintenance reminders on each vehicle so you get an alert for services like oil changes, tire rotations and brake inspections.
- Theft control: Aside from GPS devices being able to track a fleet vehicle while it’s on the road, they can also reduce instances of vehicle and machine theft. With a GPS tracking device installed, in the event that a company vehicle is stolen, you can rest easier knowing that there’s a greater chance it will be located and recovered.
If you still have questions after reading the above advantages of GPS tracking devices, feel free to call the experts at GPS Systems. We are here to help you keep track of all your company and personal vehicles. Contact us today!
Categorised in: News
This post was written by Malcolm Rosenfeld
Comments are closed here.