Significant Features of Smart Track Fleet Management System
Maintaining and organizing fleet vehicles or field personnel is not easy without a trustworthy central system accessible at all levels of the business. Fortunately there are many such types of systems exist in the market which can perform these crucial services and name of such device is- smart track fleet management system or vehicle tracking systems. There systems have been developed to handle all aspects of running and maintaining a fleet. Different fleet management systems come with different features; you can choose any as per your need and budget.
Today there are many companies in the market which offer fleet management software solutions. These systems are of two types, online installed software or locally installed software. Online systems are normally web-based which are accessed via some web browser. On the other hand, you can get locally installed fleet management software on a computer.
What features or qualities make fleet management software a good investment for a business, let’s know:
- Centralized and organized data storage– Having all necessary and important information in one place is a must for any small or large business. A perfect fleet management software enable the storage and input information of vehicle such as M.O.T, road tax records and service. Driver related records such as their driving qualifications, endorsements, and medical requirements can also be entered in the system. Vehicle and driver documents can be scanned and recovered when needed.
- Vehicle Service alert, reminders, and management- One very useful aspect of fleet management is the ability to set alerts or reminders for road due taxes or vehicle servicing.
- Tracking with GPS– Another significant feature of fleet management software is the ability to know where vehicles are located or where they have been. Knowing where all the fleets are allows the fleet manager to deliver the goods to the right location.
- Job assignment- The ability to assign job via the system is a very useful feature. With this feature, drivers can update the job status, upload signatures and images enabling office staff to instantly check and inform a customer about location of fleet. This system can be installed in mobiles.
- Reports- When all the important data of the business is stored in a centrally managed system it are easy to accumulate reports that can improve efficiency and save precious time of company.
To summarize, fleet management system improves the working culture of a business. This system helps business companies to save a lot of money and perform all the major work in minimal time.
Categorised in: News
This post was written by admin
Comments are closed here.